Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Salt 'n' Vinegar chips and a cup of tea do not a good breakfast make. :)

I'm teaching myself to draw in a sort of manga-ish style, it's both harder and easier than I thought it would be. Working through the on-line tutorials is fine, and fun, so is looking at the lots, *lots* of pics - both professional and amateur manga - and seeing how those basic principles are put into practise is fascinating. The fun starts when I try to apply/adapt those principles to what I want to do. It's a challenge, but I think I'm making headway. Mind you, I've only really been concentrating of faces and expressions, and only 'face on' at that, haven't attempted 3/4 or profiles yet.
I can confidently say I have no talent as an artist, but if I can draw well enough that peeps recoqnise who I've drawn, and what emotion the characters are supposed to be expressing, then I'll be content... and who knows, 2-3 years ago I didn't think I could write either... : )

No comments: