Saturday, August 31, 2002

It's not even September and already the supermarket has Xmas crackers for sale...

I cleaned my room today. It took me 2 hours and I had to have a nap afterwards. Well, half-cleaned really - only did the floor. Didn't clear my bed (there's just enough room for me to sleep, the rest is taken up with mine and the cubs clothes), or my desk (..er, there's nothing on the keyboard, yet, and there's still enough room on the mousepad to use the mouse). And of course, having floor space now means the cubs have loads of area to spread my toys around. *grumble*.

It's the weekend. I have mixed feelings about weekends - and school holidays - yes, I don't have to get up at sparrow's fart and chivvy the cubs to get ready for school, but I also don't get any uninterrupted time to myself which I need if I'm going to do any writing. Could be worse, the cubs could still be babies... *shudder*.

Father's day tomorrow here in the land of weird animals beginning with 'K' (koala, kangaroo, kookaburra, quoll - ok, that doesn't begin with a 'k' per se, but it's a 'k' sound) and I have to trot off to the shops to get batteries for the present I'm giving the father of my children. And speaking of presents, the cubs have written a series of cunning clues for daddy to follow when he gets home from work tomorrow morning so he can find his presents. : )

No comments: