Sunday, September 01, 2002

1st September and my supermarket has all sorts of xmas decorations on the shelves. I couldn't by any stretch of the imagination be called a christian but even I'm boggled at the rampant, cynical merchandising that goes along with the 'holiday season'.
However, having said that, I did buy something. 3 metres of hot pink, metalised plastic beads and un-clappered bells - 3 metres of pure class in my opinion......

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!

Sorry, just couldn't keep a straight face while I was saying that. :)
The garland is now gracing the venetian blinds in my room.

Fathers' Day: I gave the father of my children a 'bi-polar robotic t-rex' (his words, not mine). One of those robo-chi pet things. Wanted to get him a t-rex for xmas last year but I wasn't quick enough, they'd all gone off the shelves by the time I got my finger out. Anyway, he seems to like it - the cubs *love* it, and it is sort of cute in a pretend robot way. The cubs gave him a small keyring torch and a retractable metal ruler with an attached level - always handy. I had to prise the gifts away from them so we could wrap them...

I think I've got the hang of drawing profiles now, though it's amazingly tricky trying to draw exactly the same nose and chin everytime. 3/4 views next, then maybe I'll stop procrastinating and get on with attempting to draw bodies.

No comments: