Saturday, September 21, 2002

Hey I've got a question: how did the word 'gimp' get into BDSM parlance?
Cos in the dictionary gimp (gymp/guimp) is defined as - [origin unknown] silk, worsted, or cotton twist with wire or cord running through it - used especially as trimming; fishing-line of silk etc, bound with wire; coarser thread outlining design of lace... a secondary definition is listed as - courage [20th century, origin uncertain]. I also know that gimp is a slang term - not very common nowadays - for cripple. Can't see the connection myself...

Grapes and cherries, onna? Ooh yes please! And a neko always give a place that warm, homey feel. ^.^ Though if I catch you tormenting the fish there'll be trouble.

According to the superpower quiz, I've got flight, Alestrel has telepathy, and GoodTwin has telekinesis.
AYA! Sounds like a superhero team to me!
Now, what will my costume be? Hmm, green bodysuit (as a superhero, I will, of course, have a suitably buff body and anti-grav breasts so I won't mind being seen in public wearing something that leaves nothing to the imagination) - purple gloves, purple thigh-length boots, and purple half-face mask, and silver fringing - yeah! - on the gloves. Mmmm, can see it now, me hovering in the air, scanning the streets for evil-doers, the silver fringing rippling in the breeze...

No comments: