Saturday, September 21, 2002

Uh, oops...
Got off-line this morning about luchtime, made lunch for the cubs and myself, pottered around for a bit, then thought I'd have a wee nap before doing some writing. I should have set my alarm clock - I woke up just in time to cook dinner. *sigh* Another afternoon gone...

I read a few online comics regularly. Boy meets Boy, GlamourLust and The Pantheon being the main ones.
I love these three strips, highly reccommend them. Joules put me onto them, and incidentally - in case you were wondering - they all contain yaoi (m/m relationships).
(Heh heh heh, Panthera, a long time friend of mine, can't abide yaoi, or slash - she says it's an appalling waste of 'good man flesh'. *grin* Each to their own, dear, each to their own.)
I've also recently discovered Ghastly's Ghastly Comic - tentacle monsters and the women who love them, and that is also, very, very funny, but then there's this one - Sexy Losers.
Frankly, I don't know whether to recommend it or not.
It's hysterically funny, but it squicked me as well. It's written by a guy, and it shows, I just don't get some of what he's talking about. (Tch - men are aliens anyway. :)
It's a good bet that if things like necrophilia, incest, coprophagia (look it up) aren't your bag, baby, then you probably won't enjoy parts of this comic, but then again, I was howling with laughter even as my stomach was churning. Weird.
This isn't to say that the strip is made up entirely of the above mentioned practises, it also covers masturbation, anime/manga (the 'Madame X - hentai artist' story thread is very funny), dating angst, and does some beautiful parodies of pop-culture nonsense.

Er... read it, but don't say you weren't warned.

No comments: