Monday, September 02, 2002

...as I sit here with my second glass of creamy, chocolately alcohol... (oops, sorry Niki and Pris, I hope you weren't expecting me not to drink it? I'll have some more in the next time you're here, promise!)

I feel the need for the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack, it's one of those things I've got on vinyl that I've been meaning to get a CD of. No spare cash this week, alas, maybe next week.

Lesson's I've learnt.

You know when you've got chicken breasts in the fridge and you know you should have cooked them the day before yesterday? They're probably still usable. If they had the skin on them, it was most likely the fat in that going off while the meat is still ok. Take the skin off, give the slabs 'o' meat a rinse in cold water, then have another sniff. If they're not too far gone, cook them very well, just in case, and if you're worried about the finnicky ones you're feeding going 'eeuuwww! there's something wrong with this chicken!', cook the chicken in a nice, pungent and spicy Roman sauce.
Bugger. I was going to include an authentic Roman recipe here, but my Roman cook books are still in boxes out in the garage. *sigh* I need a bigger house...

No comments: