Friday, September 27, 2002

Hey, Joules, does Sue rollerskate? Cos I had this really interesting dream last night...

Every year on a specific day - like Mother's day, I think it was - Sue (who I've never met, and I can't recall seeing a pic of her) and a bunch of her women friends, pick a hill and go rollerskating down it. They asked me to go along with them. I was going to pike out, that's my usual response to fun things that involve leaving the house, but I girded my loins, changed my mind and went. Had to borrow someone else's rollerskates and it took a wee while for me to get the hang of it, but rollerskating was easier than I recall from my childhood, and I had fun.
Now, I'm wondering what precisely my subconscious self is exhorting me to do? While learning to rollerskate could be a blast, I don't think it's as simple as that. Hmm, what is it that I secretly want to do, that I think could be liberating but also makes me afraid that I might fall down and hurt myself?

Before I started writing I used to have some amazing, vivid dreams. Then I started writing, and the dreams stopped. Bit disappointed, but since I'd obviously found another outlet for that creative energy that had to manifest itself in dreams, I wasn't too upset. And then after I'd been writing for a about a year, the dreams came back! AYA! Very happy about that.

More on dreams later, the cubs are circling for their breakfast... *grin*

No comments: