Saturday, September 28, 2002

Bit of an adventure last night.
Dragged myself away from the cubs for an hour or so and soulsis and I walked up to the local shops to get some dinner. It was a little cold and it rained on the way up, but we didn't worry cos as I explained to soulsis, they were large rain drops which meant it wouldn't rain for long (think about it, there's only so much water up there, and the larger the rain drops the quicker it'll run out!).
Anyway, while we were waiting for our take-aways (yaki soba vegetarian, and chicken teriyaki and salmon handrolls for me. mmm...),
it started raining again. Soulsis laughed and said something about 'large rain drops' - I looked out of the window and saw it was hailing, BIG hailstones that quickly covered everything in a layer of white. Needless to say we ate in the restaurant. It was very amusing though, watching all the idiot drivers trying to drive as fast as they normally did except over hailstones. I'm surprised there weren't any accidents, saw quite a few cars sliding...
Soulsis and I finished our meal, it had stopped hailing so we decided it was time to go home. Stepped outside, took one look at the slippery, hail-covered pavement and got panicky. A few weeks ago I was up in the snow with the cubs and I slipped and twisted my ankle, it's still not completely healed and I'm near phobic of doing it again. Add to that the fact the shoes I was wearing had almost no tread and suddenly the short walk home seemed very, very long.
Enter Suu-per Soulsis!
With bright blue cape flapping and teeth shining in the night, she leapt to my aid, clearing a path through the hail for me, and letting me hold her arm to support myself while crossing the roads. *grin* What would I have done without her?

No comments: