Wednesday, September 25, 2002

One of the cubs has made something out of lego, something he calls a 'Sponge-bob Gundam'.
Ooookaaay...

*evil grin* Joules tells me that member number 232 has joined The Zone.
So where in Bristol/UK would you like to hold the AC convention, sinam?

Rompled with the cubs in the park yesterday. ('Romple' - isn't that a great word? So evocative. Thanks, Joules!) We took a picnic lunch and spent about 3 hours there... and then I had to come home and have a sleep cos I was plumb tuckered out. No stamina anymore.

Had a dream about BatCat last night.
BatCat was my kitty companion of 14 years, he died almost a year ago and I still miss him.
'Kitty companion'? Who am I kidding? 'Grumpy old sod' would be more accurate. I swear that cat had a permanent scowl - except when we were alone. I was his human and woe betide anyone who got in the way. Needless to say, Batty and the cubs' father didn't get on.
Anyway, in this dream I picked Batty up and cuddled him; I remember thinking with some surprise that it'd been a while since I'd seen him. He was a bit thin, and there was obviously something wrong with his hips - arthritis probably - because of the way he was sitting. I spent the rest of the dream running around making sure I had everything I needed to make him comfortable -
and then I woke up cos KittenKong was sleeping on my bladder. :)
And it wasn't until after I'd been to the loo I remembered that Batty wasn't around anymore. Bummer.

Got more fish-tat in the mail. AYA!
A lovely big (4 inch long) pair of blue cloisonne articulated fish feng-shui ornament things that are currently dangling from the shell-ship key rack on the wall behind my moniter. Gorgeous! ^~^
My lobster salt and pepper shakers stillhaven't arrived though. Humph. They were sent by surface mail from the US - should get them around xmas time. *grumble*

[Warning: here follows a small rant about the United States Snail Service.]

Why does it take so long for mail to get to and from the States? Even air-mail - which is supposed to take a lightning fast 10 days - can take up to 3 weeks or longer, and in a few instances I've been waiting 4 flipping months for something that was sent by surface mail!
Is it as bad for US residents, I wonder?
What is the problem? Air mail from Canada - which is next door, for heaven's sake - takes 3-5 days, the same amount of time it takes to send something airmail between Aus and the UK!
AAAARRGH!
*panting, settling ruffled feathers* OK, OK - I'm calm now...

Heh, I've decided to try and actually make a start on some of the drawing projects I've got in mind.
Let's face it, if I waited until I was happy with what I laughingly call my 'drawing style' nothing would ever get done! So, I've set myself a deadline - end of the school hols - and I plan to have the first of the somethings done by then (-ish, maybe. If I'm overly embarrased by what I've produced I'll probably extend the deadline).
I'm still flummoxed by this 3/4 profile business though - I suspect that everyone will be drawn face-on or in profile for the time being. :)


(What? No links in this update? Try this, it'll make your eyes bleed! And if you can get past the background, read the text. :)


No comments: