Saturday, September 28, 2002

Kids can be divided into two groups - diggers and climbers. Climbers are the sort of child you find cooing happily at you from the top of the cabinet before they can even crawl, and diggers are the ones that if they go missing inexplicably you check inside the cabinet and sure enough...
My cubs are diggers, they love being in or under things, and their behaviour today was a prime example. I went to the supermarket, leaving them alone in the car with the usual instructions not to leave the car, or let anyone else in. When I came back they glowingly showed me how they'd discovered how to pull the backs of the seats down so they could crawl into the boot. *sigh*
(Um, in case you're wondering, the seats were designed to do that. :)

I watched the first part of Rayearth today, and I really enjoyed it, here are some reasons why:
It made me laugh - at some point there was a titanic battle between, um, titans, massive beings formed from the fused spirits of humans and deities (I think) but the bad one was a giant bunny in a mecha suit! *rolling around laughing* (and that whole fight scene was awfully reminiscent of the Power Rangers anyway - "oh no, it's the bunny monster! RRRRR!!!")
The ice-witch, Alcyone, was very tasty, though that might have had something to do with the thigh-high pink boots, and her really cool cat who could form ice attacks. And speaking of cats, the fiery Aslan deity thing was just gorgeous, love to snuggle up in that kitty's floaty red mane.
I noticed that the 'rogue priest', Clef, looked a lot like Harley from the Boy meets Boy comic, and there were two other bishy boys, who were 'not from our world' - no? really? - I've no idea who they are were but within seconds of seeing them onscreen together (the brunette had his sword to the throat of the white-haired one) I mentally had them fucking each other... ^.^

And-and-and, I finally got to see the Raditz episodes of Dragonball Z, in the form of the movie 'Arrival'. I now feel completely justified in my wide-eyed and softly growly appreciation of the big ape. Phwooaarr!!



No comments: