Friday, June 02, 2006

Dammit. <head~desk> I've mostly managed to ignore the packets of Goblet of Fire collectible stickers for months but yesterday, in a moment of weakness, I... weakened. Buying one won't hurt, will it? - I bethought to myself - Just to see what they're like...
Tch. It only takes one.
Because now I know I'm sporting a wild-eyed, wide-nostrilled look of must-have-more-obsession. And of course I must get the sticker-book so I know how many stickers I have to collect! Plus - and the official site is no bloody use - I need to know what sort of 'specials' there are. Out of the 6 packets (30 cards) I've got already there is one example of a 3D card, and a plastic 'secret icon' card! (Which has quite a nice pic of Draco in dress robes. However...) Is there anything else I should be looking out for? And let's not forget the sticker packets themselves, which have different designs...
<sigh> I think I've made things hard for myself though, coming in 6 months after the initial release; means the cards could be tricky to find - once I've exhausted the supply at my local newsagents. Soulsis, could you keep an eye open for me, please? I don't doubt there'll be some stickers I won't mind having multiples of at all. (No: 160, for example...)
What is odd, however, is that one of the early stickers in the series is from Prisoner of Azkaban. Mistake? Or recap of previous story? See, I need the sticker book so I know what's going on. <nods>

There's toys an' stuff out for the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie! (I've noticed I only tend to sneer at cynical merchandising when I'm not interested in the product. Tch, shallow or what?) The action figures don't look too bad - no more or less like the actors than the Lord of the Rings figures were anyway - but the wee ships are cute. : ) But, I don't have a burning desire to own any of that stuff yet, though I could quite fancy some of the posters.
(I wonder sometimes if my life would be dull if I wasn't a fangrrl. Heh, it'd probably be cheaper...)

Both cubs are back at school with a minimum of grumbling. I, however, am ignoring my scratchy throat and runny nose. Nah, not sick, just... gribbly <g>
Only two weeks left of the term though, and one of those weeks is only 3 days long! Then, all being well, we'll be moving into the new school after the holidays. Exciting. Sort of.
I'm going to go paw through my stickers now...

No comments: