Sunday, March 04, 2007

<eyes full of sparklies> I'm being well and truly being distracted by the Kylie Showgirl Princess program on the ABC at the moment. I'm envisioning a range of teddy bears modelling the gorgeous costumes... oooh, that could keep me amused for hours.

(Ok, I've grudgingly switched over to the new Blogger system. How the hell do you keep the font from reverting to the default while you're doing an update?)

(Oh hang on, it appears to be staying...)
(Nope, have to reset it everytime I come back from previewing the post. <grump>)

Right...
It's been such a long time since I've bothered with a post that there's now, naturally, far too much to say, so a quick summation, perhaps?
I'm on to chapter 4 of the new novel. Though it's taken a looong time to get there. Procrastinations'r'us... <g>
Um, spending a lot of time at the school library this term, (and probly for the rest of the year). The school's been given a grant for rebuilding the library catalogue. Mwahahaha! Lots and lots of books. And I've got library monitors! Four of them, including the cubs. :)

I've managed to shoehorn some more furniture into my house. I think I mentioned that some time ago... Anyway, it's here now (thank you, Soulsis, Niki, Leonie!) and it's meant the taming [sort of] of the chaos corner in the kitchen. Going to be even betterer when I get the bookcases into my bedroom. Hee.

<snerk> Cubs' father brought me this soap back from the Phillipines...
Placenta Soap

It's been a mostly hot and humid month. Very unpleasant, though, fingers crossed, we seem to be heading towards Autumnal temperatures now. There'll be at least one more flare of hot weather - over my birthday weekend, as always - but then we should be in the clear. Having said that:
Imagine a sultry night, and a woman lying naked atop the bedclothes. And now imagine her reaction when - having recently had an altercation with a huntsman spider - she feels the lightest, ticklingest touch on her hip...
Yep, shat myself. Startled the cat, too, cos of course it was KittenKong's wee paw grazing my skin as she went to climb over me to get to the window. Tch.

Velvet Goldmine is still my favourite movie... Le sigh... :)


No comments: