Monday, March 26, 2007

On ICQ, leading directly on from a conversation about slimy dead frogs was this:

Lutra: <happy sigh> *finally* got a copy of Kate Bush's Suspended in Gaffa...

Joules:..... <blink> um - right.
whatever turns you on

(Is Gaffa some sort of bondage tape?)

loved the song since I was 12, or something...
it's the grey stuff they use to tape down wires
link

I thought that was geffer tape.
gaffer I mean

yes, that

so what the hell is Gaffa?
(Never heard the song, in case you hadn't gathered)

<g> I'll send you a copy if you like
gaffa/gaffer same thing

so it IS a song about bondage!
I think I have to hear it now

ROFL!
it's not! well, not in any obvious way...
[link to lyrics]

uhuh.....

I can tell you don't believe me

<blink> and there's an advert for polythene bags on the page and you're STILL trying to tell me it's not about bondage?

this is the ad
Polythene Bags
Millions of bags in stock Call Nick Boyes 01277 626100

www.tetrasoc.com/Pages/polyt

link's not working

I'll have one of whatever she was on when she wrote it.
I have a suspicion it's a mishearing of 'Eyeless in Gaza', personally

LOLOL!
eh?

link doesn't matter - fact is the ad's still there!
Eyeless in Gaza

which is?
(<shakes head> I'm trying not to think too hard about polythene bags and their use in bondage)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyeless_in_Gaza
ROFLMAO!!!

incidentally, I also have a copy now of Venus in Furs

YAY!!!
love a copy when you've a spare minute or five

neato. I'll add it to the list
ooh, interesting book

never read it myself. been on the list for years

nevertheless, the song is called Suspended in Gaffa, and I've always had the impression it's about being held in pl-
<sigh>

<snicker>
<poke snicker poke>

<giggling slap> oh piss off : ) this is why I was never any good in debates

<smirk>

[Incidentally, in the course of transcribing that text, I inadvertantly discovered how to make text blink...]



No comments: