Thursday, April 18, 2013

Forecast: 10-17°
Attained: 11-18°


I had to have some blood drawn today, to check if my vitD/vitK/haemoglobin levels are as laughably low as they were last year.
Was in and out of the place within five minutes, and had a really good phlebotomist, one of them as takes blood. She was gentle. We chatted, and she commiserated with me about I.V.s [shudder].

And then I nipped across the road to an op shop. It was one of the ones that tend to be expensive - they're doing this for charity, you hear me, charity! - so I wasn't expecting much.
But! I found this pressed-glass platter for $1! In very good nick! I've been collecting this pattern for close to thirty years now, and I don't have a piece like this. :)

In the background you can see cat haunches, for scale.




Close up of the pattern. I call it 'Cathedral Window'. No idea what it's actually called.



~=o>