Thursday, April 11, 2013

Forecast: 13-21°
Attained: 15-17°


The last hot (over 30°) day was almost two weeks ago. Since then the daytime temps have mostly been between 22-25° and the seven-day forecast is predicting much the same.
I think... I can probably finally relax...

~=o>

I really enjoy being out at the remotest campus but the public parking is inconsistent.
For the first little while it was almost a given that the exit boom gate would be up at hometime and I could drive away, cackling, not having had to pay for parking. Then a few months ago, without warning, they 'fixed' the system and I mostly had to pay for parking. That was a fair cop, I thought, I'd been enjoying free parking for a while.

This evening the ticket thingy wouldn't accept notes. This was very annoying as I wasn't sure I had the same amount in coins. Scraped around and finally came up with the dosh only to find that it had taken so long to get the coins together the price had clicked up! I had absolutely no more coins; it looked like I was going to have to beg 50c from someone. grrrrr...
But now the machine wasn't accepting coins either and there were four of us locked in the carpark. One of the other staff members there rang security and explained what was happening. The boom gate was lifted remotely and we all just scarpered back to our cars and left as quickly as possible!

Bit aggravating but I ended up not having to pay for parking so that was a win. :)

~=o>

No comments: