Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The voice of my internal monologue is influenced by what I've been hearing/watching/reading. Currently - because of Torchwood - it's got a Welsh accent. : ) Quite pleasant, really...

~=o>

The season IV finale of Dr Who screened over the weekend. It wasn't the most 'bwuh...?' episode I've ever seen.

Arroogah!
Arroogah!
Spoilers!




[eyebrow] So the Doctor can choose not to regenerate, eh? Nice dodge, that, and now Rose has a Doctor of her very own, one who's human enough to say what she wants to hear. That's so sweet I might be ill.
Dalek Kahn: oh, come on! I knew what he was getting at straight away! 'The darkness is coming...' You might've wanted to ask a few more questions there, Davros. Der.
Why Donna? I liked her. (Though I did giggle at Jack's reaction to three doctors.)
And... ripped off! No Jack/Ianto reunion scene? [pout]

~=o>

After watching something like Wall-E - with it's moral lessons about overconsumption and globalisation - it felt so eerie and wrong to be walking around a major shopping centre. I couldn't bring myself to buy anything...

~=o>

Odd dream the other night. I decided to participate in a leisure centre's fun ride-obstacle course. First: bikes inside the centre. Second: it took place at 1am, cos the earlier sessions were fully booked, apparently. Third: there was talk of the ride going through the 'ice room', a tricky part of the course.
So anyway, I hopped on my bike (I think, I don't actually remember there being much bikeyness) but very quickly got lost! Found myself outside of the centre, on a beach, where I kicked around quite happily until the dawn broke. At that point I decided I'd better see if I could find the rest of the group so trooped off into town, up the narrow, cobbled streets, and eventually found some of my fellow fun riders in a coffee shop having breakfast. They told me how much fun it'd been and I was determined - nervous and excited - to join in properly next time.

~=o>

The auto-focus on my camera phone works by laser. Fish don't like it...

~=o>

And now a website of note:
Cake Wrecks. Hysterical! Thanks for passing this one on, GoodTwin!