Wednesday, September 17, 2008

(What? Another post? But it's been less than a week!)

[blink] I haz downloaded a computer version of Pass the Pigs to my 'phone. I've even played it a couple of times. Not sure what's come over me...
Here it comes again!
O-oh, I've been released -
*cough* Moving right along...

End of term. Huzzah! 'bout bloody time. This one's been a trial.
I got 92% on a particularly nasty test, though, so that was good.
Plus on the way home tonight I stopped in at an op shop and found a plastic dish shaped like Chinese cabbage! Quite pleased about that. :)

Later, while cooking dinner, I discovered that one of the fuses had blown. How did I discover the fault? Well, the microwave wouldn't work so my first thought was that that antique had finally failed, but no, neither the toaster nor the toasted sandwich maker - all hanging off the same outlet - were working as well. Perhaps there was a problem with the power board? No, plugging the things individually into the socket didn't help either so I concluded it must've been the plug...
Then I noticed a suspicious lack of noise from the fridge.
Uh oh.
Yup, a fuse had gone, but the cubs' father fixed it, even though that meant my modem sulked for about an hour after being subjected to an outage. [sigh] But that was my fault for not unplugging it first so I'm not going to whinge too much.

My 'phonekoi is called Twinkles.

Cubs had interim reports this week. Mostly positive and encouraging, but there's a few 'needs attention's that will be addressed. Parent/teacher night tomorrow. Oh joy.

Finally got to see the ep of Dr Who where chav girl Rose returns as the harbinger of Dooooom. I asked Joules afterwards if Billie Piper had always had that overbite and lishp.
I did squee a bit to see Captain Jack will be in next week's episode. Okay, it was more than a bit of a squee...

See, this is what happens when you don't watch commercial telly. Something odd on a poster prompts you to scamper over to google to find out what the hell is going on.
Oookay...

No comments: