Monday, December 03, 2007

Blimey. It has been a while...

Yesterday I watched a DVD of the BBC's 1978 teleproduction of Romeo and Juliet.
I wonder, is Mercutio always played as a bit of a poof? The best Mercutio I've seen was Harold Perrineau in Baz Luhrman's version of the play. So playful and cute. :) Not a whiney brat who - after receiving a mortal wound in a duel they goaded someone in to - goes all wangsty and casts curses with his dying breath... For god's sake, you started it!
Oh, should I put a spoiler warning here?
Too late.
And speaking of Tybalt (which we were, honestly, 'e's the one wot dun for Mercutio) he was played by Alan Rickman. A very young Alan Rickman who was nowhere near as attractive then as he is now, with a haircut that was pure Romulan.
Nice long legs, however, even if his arse wasn't the best I've seen. Ah, costume dramas - men in tights. [snerk] Sometimes it works, sometimes... it doesn't. Like the 'fight' scenes! They're enough to make you weep!
Realistic? No.
Choreographed? Laughably. [shakes head] Seriously, I giggled during those bits...

Heh, the end of the school year looms. Next year, when Badger and Rocket start High school, I'll be going back to full time study as well.
Gosh, I finally have an excuse for the kilos of stationery I always buy in the 'back to school' sales.

No comments: