Sunday, December 23, 2007

... why did Firefox start up in Spanish today?

The cubs' father spotted this on a t-shirt:

Dear Santa,
I can explain...


And so Badger and Rocket's primary school days come to an end. I did get a little emotional at the final assembly but not in connection with the Grade 6s. One of my nephews, Tinny [snerk], is a sympathetic vomiter - seeing someone vomit sets him off. I, on the other hand, am a sympathetic cryer. Two of the teachers leaving got emotional, and well... yes. It didn't help that one of them I really liked and had worked closely with this year.
I was very glad when the assembly finished. I hung around long enough to exchange very brief goodbyes then I fled. Yep, I'm such a wuss. Besides, it's not like I'm going away forever - I'll be there helping out in the library at least one afternoon a week next year.

I picked up our 'xmas lay-by' the other day, the one that's been lurking since June. It came in a huge box which, naturally, the cubs couldn't fail to spot on the front passenger seat of the car. Perhaps I should've prevaricated when they asked what it was, but they were enthusiastic when I asked if they wanted to open it now as an early xmas present. Which was all to the good cos it meant I didn't have to a: remember who had what, and b: try and find somewhere to hide it all. :)

No comments: