Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trooped off to Badger and Rocket's school xmas concert last night.
This was the cubs' last primary school concert and I think their father and I deserve kudos for not having missed any of these... events over seven years. Well, kudos to me for not having missed any of them - or the bloody 'Twilight Sports'. No, no shirking of parently duty on my part, no crying off attendance or leaving early cos of 'work'. Hmph.
Anyway, back to last night's entertainment.
....
Okay, I've seen worse, but I can't honestly say our school is bursting with musical talent. Penny commented how it always seems to be the tone-deaf kids who end up closest to the microphones.
The program was late getting started and it did drag a bit - by 8.30 we were only half-way through. It probably didn't help that, for some reason, all the school awards and things were dealt with last night instead of at the year's final assembly. I was very restless by the time grade 5/6 finally got 'round to performing their versions of 'Have yourself a merry little xmas and 'Feed the world'. But, I did video all of it on my woodgie wee camera phone so the cubs' father can see what he missed. [smirk] Or hear, rather. The vision's not very good but the tone-deaf melody is excruciatingly clear...

No comments: