Saturday, September 03, 2011

Forecast: 6-20
Attained: 9-21

I met the cubs at their dad's place after work tonight. VortexCub cooked, practising a recipe he'll be using in his major Food Tech assignment later this term: hedgehogs.
Mmm, spikey... : )
Not real hedgehogs, of course. They're not native here and so would be stupidly expensive. No, these were made using a medieval recipe of spiced minced meat stuck all over with slivered almonds for the pointy bits. Quite tasty, very easy to make, and quick to cook. Cub was duly praised for his efforts. (I have pics, but they're on the phone, which is in the other room, and I can't move cos I have a cat on my lap...)


~=o>


Inbetween work and dinner I dropped in to the local branch of a craft emporium. I picked up things, interesting things. I have plans...


~=o>


Well, saturday at least is forecast clear. That will probly be a good time to start on the shed.

Meringue duck. Just because.


I really must get back to that bakery some time...





No comments: