Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forecast: 7-17
Attained: 9-15

First day of holidays:
  • Did some washing
  • Picked up parcels from the post office
  • Shopped
  • Read some books (finished Behemoth,* got half way through First Born **)
  • Napped  
Excellent. : )

(* Fabulous AU/Steampunk series from Scott Westerfield. Third book has just been released and all being well I should be able to get it this pay day!
** One of the three official prequel novels for Torchwood: Miracle Day. The thing I keep forgetting about the official TW novels is that they aren't, essentially, fanfic so I'm always vaguely disappointed by the lack of smut. : )


~=o>



Parcels I picked up today contained books! One of which was One hundred books in Haiku (David Bader, 2010). I knew it was going to be amusing, but damn. First one in and I couldn't read any more because laughing hurt too much!

The Canterbury Tales
Geoffrey Chaucer

Pilgrimmes on spryng braecke -
roadde trippe! Whoe farrtted? Yiuw didde.
Noe, naught meae. Yaes, yiuw.


I shall read this one slowly, methinks...  : )

No comments: