Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Another little snippet of my weekend a bit later but first this:

(nicked from The Zone)

Morpheus
Morpheus


?? Which Of The Greek Gods Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla

Actually I like that result...

Niki has a CD of old jazz/crooner tracks which we tend to play in the car when we do roadtrips. One track in particular I really like, Dean Martin's 'Sway'. From the moment I first heard it I've always thought he was singing to another man. Only worked out why I thought that this weekend.
When marimba rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have the magic technique
When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have the magic technique
When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now
You know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now
These type of 'take me/make me' lyrics tend to be written for/sung by women. Interestingly though, not once did the idea of Deano singing to another man seem the least bit odd. <g>
(Lyrics taken from here, by the way...)

Right, where did I get up to on my travellers tales? Ah yes...

Saturday morning I was woken up before 8 a.m. by the cubs' father growling that Soulsis' car wouldn't start. (She'd very kindly leant it to him while we were away.) I pointed out that she had told him about the starter motor sometimes not kicking over first go, especially when it was cold - as it was that morning. I got grumbled at some more before he said he'd try again and rang off. A minute later I get a text message saying the car had started fine. <rolls eyes> Tch, well I was awake now so I got up and had a shower. The cabin I was sharing with Niki, Alarice and Pete, Mike and Karen, and later that day Rod and Ruth, had two adequate bathrooms. The light/exhaust fan switch for both was on the wall outside and there were a couple of comical moments of turning off the lights in the occupied bathroom before we sorted out which switch belonged to which room. : )
Shower cubicles were very, very small though, and I found the hot water ran out after a couple of minutes. (No one else seemed to have that problem - perhaps I was just unlucky?) It is possible to wash yourself and your hair in a trickle of cold water, it's just not very comfortable. But anyway, on to breakfast!
Sam and Al took care of cooking the bacon and eggs for us each morning - thank you! - a task that was made easier by the huge oven in the hall's kitchen. (Ah, I should probly describe the camp. We had the use of a 5 bedroom cabin, a 2 bedroom cabin, a bunkhouse, and a small hall with attached kitchen.) Then once we'd all woken up sufficiently we piled into the cars and headed into Portland to do our shopping for the weekend...

More later!

No comments: