Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The cubs, my mum and I went to see a movie today - you'll never guess which one.
Robots. Again. Probly just as well I quite like it but...
The Fat Albert Movie... <headdesk> Why??
At least it looks like they've not tried to base it in 'reality'.

This headline on a magazine cover caught my eye the other day:
"Princesses feud over father's death bed."
My initial thought was to wonder why anyone would want to fight for possession of something like that? : )

Hey, cool, Orli's in another 'historical' epic movie! Wonder if there was any gratuitous nudity in 11th century Europe? <smirk>

Ah, pop culture, you've got to love it. There was a Phillip K. Dick reference in a recent episode of My Life as a Teenage Robot. XJ9's mother/creator - when the 'droid wanted to experience dreaming - wondered in passing what it was androids dreamt of - Electric sheep? It's probly daft but I always feel clever, somehow, when I pick up an injoke. : )

"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
Dang it, I wish I could remember where that quote came from - something the cubs were watching, I think. Atomic Betty? Danny Phantom?

I had an 'excuse me??' moment today. There was an ad for some Yu Gi Oh merchandise - dueling dragons, or something, that fired missiles at each other - but the tag line was 'so you can hit the sweet spot' every time!'
<snigger> Perhaps I read too much yaoi but isn't that a euphemism for the prostate gland?

Oh, oh, oh! Go here! Cacked myself laughing! (Link nicked from Joules' blog.)

Woohoo! 4 pages into chapter 6 and I had a brain-spang about an upcoming bit. Yeah!

Tch, oh for heaven's sake, my memory's turned to porridge - can't remember where this quiz came from...





You Are A Lime Tree









You are intelligent, hard working, and innately successful.
You try to change what you can in life - and you accept what you can't change.
Tough on the outside, you are actually soft and relenting.
Jealous at times, you are extremely loyal and giving to those you love.
You have many talents, but you don't have enough time to use them.





Given that this is a seasonal thingy I wonder if the results would still be relevant for someone born in the Southern Hemisphere?

And Joules just gave me the link to this quiz...

I am:
Cordwainer Smith (Paul M.A. Linebarger)
This inimitably unique storyteller created a future with so many deep layers of history that all the world we know is practically lost in it.


Which science fiction writer are you?



Don't know him at all but his work sounds fascinating. Heck it sounds like something I'd write!

No comments: