Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Hm. At the Museum on Sunday I had the opportunity to measure how tall I am. 160 cm - 5'3". I could've sworn I was 5'6". Perhaps I've shrunk? Or have I just got it wrong all these years.
Heh, well, at 5'7" I'll be literally looking up to Joules, then...
The cubs, however, are 140 cm tall. Eeek!

I'm a lazy person, I admit that. By 'lazy' I mean I'll happy ignore boring yet necessary tasks in favour of stuff I want to do. (But then, isn't 'lazy' one of those subjective terms, like 'selfish'. I had a relative who was disappointed in me cos I was 'selfish'. I was very upset, until it dawned on me I was only 'selfish' cos I didn't put them first all the time. Humph. But am I really lazy? When there's the need, or desire, I can work as hard and tirelessly as anyone [no guarantee about not whinging, though.] Perhaps the sort of people who might consider me 'lazy' could be those who work themselves into the ground carrying out duties/obligations/jobs that they don't enjoy simply cos they feel they should - which creates bitterness and resentment towards those who appear to be slacking off... I digress - where was I? Ah yes...) Every so often the consequences of my laziness comes back to bite me on the bum. Like this morning. I knew I should've done some washing yesterday but I couldn't be bothered, so I paid for it by having to spend extra time rummaging through the laundry pile, getting stressed, trying to find something not too obviously grotty for the cubs to wear. Heh.
Needless to say I did a load of washing this evening when we got home...

I went into the cubs' school today to spend a few hours inputting a fuge pile of books into the library database. The cubs' came with me, grimbling about their having to go into school on the holidays. I explained that they weren't going to School, just to school, to have fun while I worked. : )
Eh, it was fine. They divided their time between reading quietly in the room I was working, or tearing off outside to have fun with Penny and Sarah, who'd come along to do some gardening.
And later in the afternoon we met their father at the cinema to go and see Robots again. My first impressions were confirmed - it's a light, clever, fun little movie who's plot is just a bit too pat for my satisfaction but that's very enjoyable nonetheless. This time though I got the chance to really appreciate just how well the musical soundtrack meshed with the action. (But as I found out later that all the really good songs aren't on the official CD. Tch, typical.) The cubs loved Robots all over again, and there's a very good chance we'll be seeing it next week as well. No problem there for me. : )

LOLOL! One of my cubs made a funny! Watching the news today about the continuing saga of the dead Pope, some talking-head on-screen made some comment about 'filling his shoes'. S piped up and said he could fill the Pope's shoes... with butter! <proudsmirk> That's my boy!

No comments: