Thursday, April 21, 2005

You can tell a lot about people from what's in the fridge, on their bookshelf, or on their mp3 playlist.
Here's my current favourites: (in no particular order - very handy thing that random button...)
Oasis - Wonderwall
Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be nice
Slade - Cuz I love you
Cold Play - God put a smile upon your face
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Primal Scream & Kate Moss - Some velvet morning
Doves - Black and white town
Tatu - Everything she said
Duran Duran - Save a prayer
Eagles of Death Metal - I only want you
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Outkast - Hey ya
Iggy Pop & the Stooges - Gimme Danger (not as good as Eye-candy McDrooly's version but seeing as I can't get a copy of that...)
Placebo - The bitter end
Kylie Minogue - Can't get you out of my head
The Hives - Hate to say I told you so
Last Exile soundtrack - Cloud Age Symphony
Massive Attack - Teardrop.
The Smashing Pumpkins' 'Rat in a cage' would've been on there as well but I can't find the bloody file. <grump> Oh well, it's not like Morpheus isn't easy to boot up.
One of these days I'll get round to converting my own copies of my CDs to mp3s, then I can have all of my favourites handy in a playlist.

Found KittenKong disemboweling one of cubs' marker pens the other day - no more baby mice left to torment, obviously. She's already been through the local mynah population.

There's been new Samurai Jack eps showing and I've not managed to see any of them. Unfortunately it clashes with Spongebob Squarepants on another channel. Tch.

Wading through chapter 7 of SFSG at the moment - this one's not been as easy to get out as the previous. I've been writing long enough now, I suppose, to not be surprised when a fic slows down to a crawl, especially after a burst of intense creativity. Still annoying though.
Hee, on the train going to the Aquarium the other day, one of the cubs said something that set off a runaway train of thought which ended up being an outline for another novel. <g> I've made lots of notes but it's going to sit in my 'Ideas' folder for the moment.
Not sure why but I seem to be angling towards the Sci-Fi end of the literary spectrum.
(Onna, don't sweat the new ideas coming in on top of everything else, it's all part of the ebb and flow of creative energy.)

A marker on my personal journey: When people asked me what I did I used to reply 'full-time mother', 'writer' rarely, if ever, was mentioned. Now when I'm asked that question I answer without hesitation 'writer'. Cos that's what I am. : )

No comments: