Friday, May 12, 2006

Blimey, it's Friday already? Sheesh. And Mum told me today there's only 5 weeks 'til the next school holidays. That threw me. This term is very, very long - cos of the Commonwealth Games - but there I was thinking there was, oh, at least 8 weeks to go.
I am unprepared for the middle of the year...

I've been adding to my collection of Alan Rickman movies.
Found this one recently - An Awfully Big Adventure - nice and cheap. I vaguely remembered seeing a promo for it years and years ago and while I remembered that Hugh Grant was in the cast it hadn't twigged that Mr Rickman was as well. Naturally when I discovered that I leapt upon it and cackling, bore it home clutched to my bosom.
Damn there are times I love British Cinema. This isn't a comfortable movie, or a comedy, though there were some wonderful moments of wry humour. Ultimately it was quite sad and a little confronting. The cast is understated but strong, with Mr Grant playing a thoroughly unlikeable bastard. The highlight, naturally, was Mr Rickman. I don't think I've ever seen him in a sex scene... <wibble>
There's a lot going on in this movie despite the gentle pace. It's all there, however, in the character asides and banter. Wonderful stuff. Very glad I've got a copy that's mine, all mine, that I can peruse at my leisure. Mwahahahah.

Aaaand I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the rewrite. I think I'm pleased...

No comments: