Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's always nice to know your children are actually listening to your random outbursts what you say. One of the cubs was watching telly when an ad for a 'revolutionary' banish-the-blemishes skin-care product was shown. He said - in a 'Sheesh, are you stupid?' tone of voice - 'You don't need that! Eat more fruit; drink more water and don't smoke!'
<fuge grin> So proud...

A couple of the grades at school have incubated chicken eggs recently. The chicks are awfully cute! And free to good homes, as well. I was very tempted but resisted the wee bundles of yellow fluff cos I have a: a cat, and b: nowhere to keep a chicken. One day, perhaps, when I've got my biodynamic garden.

Erk. School photos tomorrow. Still haven't managed to get any of the <cough> required logo'd uniforms so the cubs'll just have to trot up in their cheaparse supermarket stuff. Eh well, it's all clean and I really don't care anymore.

The Snupin is almost finished! Woohoo! Should be up at Master and the Wolf well before the deadline.
And speaking of fanfic; GoodTwin has recently revamped the Prosfanfic archive. I was having a browse through my stuff there and, dagnabbit, for all that it's some of the first fic I wrote it's not that bad. My favourite is still "Heartless Bodie", followed closely by "668: The Neighbour of the Beast". Hm, you know, for a DoyleDoll I wrote an awful lot of Bodie-centric stories.

I think I may be in trouble. Over the recent man-on-a-stick celebrations there were scrummy Lindor eggs available and I indulged whenever I could afford them. I mourned their inevitable removal from the shelves but they've turned up in the lolly clearance shops at less than half-price. I can afford twice as much!
Oh dear... : )

No comments: