Monday, May 08, 2006

Soulsis et al came 'round for a visit yesterday. The cubs were very happy to see their cousins and the sprogs all more or less played happily together all afternoon. Soulsis brought me some presents! A beautifully tacky devilled-egg set (chicken-shaped dish with egg-shaped depressions and matching chicken-shaped salt/pepper shakers) and a very pretty Wedgewood sandwich plate! (That link's just to show an example of the plate, by the way.) She also brought a big batch of fresh Anzac biccies, and let me use her car to do some shopping. <g> Thanks!
And then Niki showed up bearing chocolate cake! Then she amused herself hacking a path through the vegetation obscuring the path to the front door - something I've kind of thought about perhaps getting 'round to one day. Hee, I have the best friends.

There's a Latin translation of Philosopher's Stone - how cool is that?
Was there a Klingon version as well? Or did I imagine that? Hm...

I took a week off to play with a Snupin. It's not quite finished yet - I estimate it's about 2/3 through - but 12 pages isn't too shabby. But, it's back to SFSG now, during the day at least.

I borrowed an Eddie Izzard DVD from the library. Laugh? Oh gods, yes! I really enjoy his stuff. In this show he was talking about poking stoics with sticks, and drawing comparisons between cows and dancers, and how he subscribes to the Chaos theory cos what else explains why seals are so good with balls when they're not part of their natural environment. What would happen if you gave banjos to tigers...? <g> I've been giggling for days...

No comments: