Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tch, been very difficult to shift the cubs these past few mornings. Not that I blame them, it's been jolly cold.

<smirk> Saw this on someone's icon the other day:
"One thing fanfiction has taught me is that everything is a hot bed of madsex."
Oh, how true...

Ah, and I forgot to mention that the 'fashion parade' at the Japan Festival on Sunday also included a young Japanese man hamming it up in very bad drag. Hee.

Hm, The Breakers is the second Minette Walters novel I've read and again, while I've enjoyed her skill in building the story I found the denoument rushed and unconvincing. Third time lucky? I'll try another one and see how that goes.

A few mornings ago, as I was walking back to the bus after dropping the cubs off at school, I noticed that the scenery - for want of a better word - had the same pinky, lilac haziness that I've seen in some old European paintings. It was caused, probably, by the morning's thick mist being almost dispersed by the sun, but to actually see that effect, to know it's real, was oddly thrilling.
There was a time - long ago, thankfully - when I thought there was nothing left that could surprise or move me. I'm continually grateful to be proved wrong. <g>

And finally: I wrote a angsty Snupin drabble today. Really ought to get 'round to getting my lj ready for posting stuff...

No comments: