Sunday, May 14, 2006

Yes, as the previous - bright yellow - entry proclaims (thanks, Joules!), it was Mother's Day here in the Antipodes.
I didn't get breakfast in bed but as my stomach doesn't wake up for an hour or so after I do, that wasn't something to lament. The cubs had some gifts waiting for me in the lounge room: two frog-shaped plastic back massagers and a copy of the Goblet of Fire DVD. Woohoo! <g>
I didn't immediately turf the cubs off the xbox so I could watch it, however, I had other plans. I got myself organised and out of the house just after 8 a.m. (that's just masochistic on a weekend) so I could get down to the Camberwell Antiques Market nice and early. The place is huge but I was only there for an hour cos I didn't need to peruse every stall. Was lots of fun though, wandering about in the drizzle. : ) I picked up some little odds and sods but my best find was one of those Japanese split-curtain thingies decorated with maneki neko! So cool!
This afternoon the cubs and I sat down to watch GoF. It definitely does lose something on the small screen but is still entertaining. Had a poke around in the extra features but wasn't overwhelmed. Most of the additional scenes were of the Golden Trio, with only one extra featuring Snape on Chaperone duty at the Yule Ball. <eg> That made me giggle; the 'great bat' gleefully swooping down on canoodling teenagers.
Oh, and there was the full version of 'Do the Hippogriff' which was also amusing...

So, that was my Mother's Day. Not the worst I've experienced by any means. : )

No comments: