Saturday, September 01, 2012

Forecast: 7-16
Attained: 9-15


Watched Batman Returns today. (Watched it twice, sort of, cos I fell asleep half an hour in to the first time viewing, waking up to the end credits so had to put it on again...)
I like this movie now more than I did when it first came out, not least cos my Batman canon-fascism has mellowed somewhat. Was still very impressed with Tim Burton's vision of the world-frame and this time I liked both versions of the Penguin and Cat Woman. Found them a bit cringe-worthy initially but now, yep, I get them.
I still think Michael Keaton made an excellent Batman and the 'unmasking' scene at the party is still one of my favourite heartwrenchingly poignant scenes.

~=o>

Portrait of a lady (cat).



The lens flare is deliberate. :)


No comments: