Sunday, December 09, 2012

Forecast: 20-37
Attained: 22-37


I return triumphant!
So yes, picked up my prize this afternoon for the short-short story competition. $20 gift voucher and a squee book! 1000 Steampunk Creations.


(The above is a photo of my copy cos it was just too hard to nick a pic from online.)

Michael Pryor, an Australian author, presented the prizes. He also gave a very entertaining talk on Steampunk, its origins etc. (He also had some interesting things to say about the writing process, and research, and listening to your characters. I was able to relate to that. :)

Anyway! Here's a pic of me and him. (It's a bit blurry, sorry, but it's the only one where I don't look vaguely psychotic or 'just take the gorram picture...'.)


(Oh, see the fish necklace I'm wearing? Soulsis gave me that. I luvs it.)

~=o>

After the prize-giving I zipped on 'round to Penny's, cos she invited me to share her air-conditioning, where we chatted a bit, then I fell asleep on her couch. Penny woke me in time for dinner - steak and salad! - and then we watched Porco Rosso. Was an excellent evening. Thanks, Penny!

~=o>



No comments: