Thursday, November 25, 2004

<shakes fist> A pox on eBay!
Fair enough I know it's just asking for trouble to go poking around there, but dang it all...
I was idly having a browse for Two Towers dvds, just to see what's available - you know how it is - and found someone selling one of the gift sets of Fellowship! Aaaargh! <whimper> These sets include figurines of the Argonaths 'that's those two ruddy great statues that guard the entrance to Gondor in FotR' (quote from Joules:) and they're the only bits of LotR merchandise I covet! I wants them! And I can't in conscience think about bidding until after xmas. <grumble pout> Oh well, no doubt there'll be more of them popping up for auction in the future, possibly even some I can afford...

It was the cubs' father's birthday today. I got him a nifty set of barbecue utensils contained in an aluminum case. I figured, he's a dad, he'll be getting a bbq set at some point in his life, it might as well be one that looks like it's being carted about in a pistol-case. : )
Anyway, he seemed pleased and wants to have a barbecue for his birthday dinner.
(He was also pleased with the pair of miniature knock-off terra-cotta warriors I bought for the cubs to give him. I spose 14-ish years with someone must give you some insight into what they'd appreciate.)

There might have been something else I wanted to vent express but buggered if I can remember right now.
<sigh> I want a sleep-in. Only 3 weeks 'til the end of the school year...

No comments: