Thursday, November 04, 2004

Heh, tomorrow (November the 5th) would've been my 11th wedding anniversary. Funny how some things work out, isn't it?

Saw something very cool on a garden makeover program that was showing while I was waiting to renew my drivers license - big terracotta plant pots shaped like snail shells! I want some! (And comparing the photos on my old and new license it appears I've lost some weight but I'm not as happy. :)
After dealing with that I snuck off to one of my favourite fabric shops that was having a sale. Ok, perhaps I was a little incautious with my money but I did get what I went there for as well, which was the batting for my quilt.
Hee, now I've got no excuse not to get on with it.

You know, if people were more accurate typists I wouldn't have anywhere near as many interesting words on my typo list. I use this list when I'm stuck for non-standard names or words - it's invaluable!
Here's some of my favourites:
camelflagued.
quitre
chirtle
... and my all-time favourite that sounds like a Mexican masked wrestler:
Roflamo
<g>
(Please don't anyone use these cos they'll likely find their way into something I do.)

The Golden Arches of Doom have just finished a run of mini plush Neopets, the toys that went with their <snort> 'happy' meals. The cubs loved them though, and thanks to their father mangaged to get a full set each. I have to admit the critters were very cute - I liked the Techos in particular but why colourful little lizards would be appealing I just can't guess.

(The cubs and their father share one very annoying trait, that of calling me to see something/what they're doing right when I'm in the middle of something myself. Grrr, I think it's the expectation that I'll drop whatever it is I'm doing and rush over to them that aggravates me more than anything else...)

A funny thing happened to me in the fish-shop on Cup Day evening. The telly was tuned to one of the commercial channels news broadcast and I saw the female news anchor was wearing something that looked like an aggregation of insects in her hair. That'll be a nod towards 'Cup Day Fashion' I thought, rather cynically, then I noticed what was behind her. To be fair I didn't catch the very beginning of the broadcast, nor could I hear what was being said but I really hoped the channel wasn't trying to pass off the footage of a bright, sunny Racecourse teeming with people as 'live' footage cos sure as cupcakes by that time of the day Melbourne had been grey and wet for hours.
So, I emailed the details to Media Watch a program that examines the 'innacuracies' our media baffles us with. Should be interesting to see what/if they have anything to say about it.

Soulsis, Niki and I had an interesting discussion on Tuesday as well, about taking allll the kidlings out of school for a couple of weeks, or a few months, and doing a road-trip either interstate or around Australia. That'd be amazing! But it'd cost a fair bit and would need some serious organising. <bg> Fortunately Niki's good at that sort of thing.
The idea of a short trip to Tasmania end of next year has been put forward though and I think that would be a great start. :)
We shall see, I guess, we shall see...

No comments: