Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Forecast: 11-19
Attained: 18-22


Had a very walking'y kind of day today...
Had a work thing in the city this afternoon so decided to take the bus in to work this morning, rather than driving in and parking, then having to go back out there to pick the car up.

Walked to the bus stop - 10 mins.
Walked from terminus to work - 12 mins.
Walked from work to tram stop - 8 mins.
Walked from tram stop to forumy thing - 5 mins.
Walked from forumy thing to train station - 10 mins.
Walked from train station to home - 12 mins.

Ok, it doesn't seem like a lot of walking but considering I do as little as possible generally... :)

~=o>


I was walking home in the dark this evening, more or less, and for the first time I noticed that the bitumen path from the train station to the road side has sparklies in it! Was quite enchanting, really; the bits of whatever caught the street/traffic lights and twinkled. Made me ridiculously happy.

~=o>


Interestingly, the forumy thing today was held at my old workplace. I'd left there in '92, after being there for 8 years. I recognised a few faces - don't think they recognised me.
The once dingy, clattery staff cafeteria has been transformed in to a light, pleasant staff and general public cafeteria. The chips were still a bit ordinary, though the tomato sauce was free from a squirty bottle, not doled out in those miniscule plastic packets...


No comments: