Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Forecast: 13-21
Attained: 14-22


Another full-on dream last night that messed with my sleep. The stand-out bit this time involved me standing around with some very young people waiting for a posh night/dance club to begin playing music. Well, when I say 'standing around with' I akshully mean 'standing next to'. They'd have nothing to do with me and I certainly felt out of place. One of the PYTs was complaining about it taking so long for the music to start. I joked that perhaps they could play Racey's 'Lay your love on me' as that would certainly get things moving! I got a frosty little smile for that one.
Later, there was (appropriate) music but it was quite sedate. A PYT wondered aloud when things would pick up. I said, jokingly, that would happen when the ectasy kicked in...
The look I was given made me vow to myself to just shut up.

... also, there were costumes, really elaborate costumes, that everyone was required (?) to wear. A good portion of this section involved watching people getting get dressed and made up. Fascinating.

~=o>


Had to c/p some long links to ebooks in to our catalogue today. Unfortunately our dinosaur system takes exception to the new-fangled things like underscores and won't read them, causing problems getting to sites. [sigh] AM, my colleague, wondered if making the links shorter would work...?
She introduced me to tinyURL.com
Great site! Converts unweildy long links to snappy little links. Less chance of needing to c/p the link to get where you want to go. :) I approve.

~=o>


Childish, I know, but the journal name 'Journal of Japan Water Works Association' always makes me giggle.











No comments: