Monday, March 25, 2013

Forecast: 15-26°
Attained: 14-23°


I don't work on Mondays but I got an email from the boss today, letting me know there's been a flood at the secondary campus, which is where I'm rostered to work tomorrow.
Hasn't affected the books but it's down the end of the library where all the computers are. Consequently, and via OH&S' recommendation, no one is allowed to use the computers there. This is incredibly annoying for the students/med staff doing their training/researchers that regularly use the library.

Engineering says they've fixed the leak - should bloody hope so! - and the cleaners were up there quickly with the wet/dry vacuum thing.
Big fan dryers will be going overnight to help with the drying. Whether that will get rid of the wet carpet smell remains to be seen. I'll see what it's like when I go in tomorrow.

Only the plus side, the library may get a new carpet out of this. :)



(Image nicked from here. My edit.)

~=o>


No comments: