Sunday, March 03, 2013

Forecast: 15-29°
Attained: 14- ... hm, there's been no Melbourne BOM update since 6.30 this morning. Melb airport readings say it got up to around 28°. Felt like it was at least that here.


I picked up a copy of Anna Karenina (yay, ebooks for instant gratification!). Up to chapter 7 so far and I've already had a few 'oh, so that's what that was about!' moments in regards to the movie. I can also see where there's been cuts and how some dialogue has been shifted to different characters. Fairly standard stuff when it comes to movie adaptations of books, but interesting to see nonetheless.

~=o>

Speaking of adapting books, the cubs - one of them at least - has expressed an interest in doing a creative writing degree! I've checked out the course details and it looks like heaps of fun, and quite useful. There's a lot covered in three years - fiction, non-fiction, screenplays, advertising, journalism etc. I think it's an excellent idea, but they (he) will need to have excellent marks in English, and a portfolio of sorts. Will keep reminding them of this throughout the year. :)

~=o>

Just for interests sake, let's list what I'm currently reading, distinct from what I've started reading but put aside for the moment.

(Careful, these links are pretty spoilery.)

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
Faceless killers - Henning Mankel
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy (see above)
Black Wings has my angel - Elliott Chaze

Hm, that's quite a high proportion of non-English authors than usual, for me.

~=o>



No comments: