Friday, March 29, 2013

Forecast: 16-22°
Attained: 16-21°


Weird sort of day. Despite another bitty, rubbish sleep I was quite energetic - didn't feel like napping once at work. It being the last day before hols might have had something to do with it. (4 days off - 1 day on - 7 days off!)
Also, the carpet is finally dry now, just in time for the Easter close down. :)

~=o>

A friend's lent me the first three books of Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series. (Paranormal AU modern-day London.) I started reading and was pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of snippets of information about past events. They were great! Through them I was slowly building a sense of the world frame and characters. T'riffic idea, I thought.
And then I realised I'd started with the third book. [sigh]
But that was the odd thing. Usually when I start a series in the middle, these sorts of references can be really annoying. I feel adrift within the world, and need to read the previous stuff to get a grounding. These snips, however, were dropped so casually in to the narrative it was like they were important, sort of, but not vital for understanding the story. They added a pleasing richness.
Eh well, I'll start over with the first book, anyway.

~=o>