Sunday, May 08, 2005

Before I say anything else I have to thank GoodTwin for her help getting me back online safely, and for her ongoing role as 'puter guru. Thank you! : )

It's Mothers' Day here. Didn't quite get breakfast in bed but there was a bowl of weatabix soup waiting for me in the kitchen. <giggling> One biscuit crumbled up into a bowl of milk. I added another biscuit to soak up some of the liquid and everything was fine. (When I say 'weatabix' I actually mean an organic knock-off with half the added sugar of the brand name one. Yummy!)
And there were presents, too. In fact the cubs wanted to turf me out of bed an hour earlier cos they were eager to give me their gifts! I'm now the proud owner of 2 garden ornaments (a metal 'silhouette' bee, and a beads and copper wire butterfly - both sit on top of metal sticks); 2 fridge magnet shopping lists; a pretty coffee cup; a funky glittery orange desk set and a fistful of cub-made cards. <bsg> I have to say it's an improvement on the bonking frogs, phallic snails and ugly-faced plant holders from previous years. Not that I didn't love those as well, but... Heh.

Tony also gave me a present - Volume 8 of Yu Yu Hakusho. And miraculously, it looks like the DVD is working again. Hooray! I've a hankering to watch Velvet Goldmine and Cyber City Oedo as well.

No comments: