Tuesday, May 17, 2005

<licks lips> I want some steak, now, a slab of meat that bleeds when you stick your knife in.
It's been days since I've had red meat - wonder if that's got anything to do with this craving. That, or the fact that I've eaten nothing but vegetables for the past couple of days.
Mind you, tonight's dinner (cauliflower and carrot au gratin) was sehr yummy despite the garlicky white sauce being a little bit lumpy. (Note to self: remove sautéd garlic from the saucepan before making the sauce, then mix it back in later...)
<sigh> I still want red meat, though, and sausages just won't do it for me. Oh well, I'll treat myself later this week, I have organic beetroot to look forward too first! (Ooh, I can have that tomorrow night with the grilled chicken! Mmmm...)

Beetroot... now there's something I can put on my list of things I'd like to grow. : )

(Postscript: Blogger's spell-checker didn't recognise gratin and threw up greaten as a suggestion?
Pardon? Why on earth does that daft bit of software have an archaic (though very interesting) word like that in its database when it doesn't have more or less everyday words like, oh I don't know... blog? Tch.)

No comments: