Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Watching the Holy Rodent Channel the other day and one of the regular presenters was talking to some pretty blond about his music or something. She was commenting on the debut of his new album and she burbled (and I quote) "...the reaction was magnanimous!"
<head->desk> The hell is she talking about?!
Unless of course the music wasn't really that good and the 'fans' were just being generous...
Honestly, people, if you're going to use a big word at least know what it means first.

Okay, looks like I might be able to get back to SFSG - I've dealt with the bit that had me shuddering to a halt, doubting my ability to turn out anything other than clichéd dross. (No, I'm not being overly harsh, it was so... pat it made me cringe. I knew I could do better than that.)

I had another 'getting ready for a cruise' dream last night, only this time the cubs' father (and housemate, I think) were part of the entourage which made the preparations even less fun. Not that any of the cruises in these dreams have been the happy fun-time holiday sort anyway, they've all had a feeling of a destination.
A recurring dream (or theme) means something, doesn't it? What am I trying to tell myself?
Mind you the dream I had night before last was jolly interesting. Set in Victoria England, which was scary enough <shudder> but it also woke me up. (Can't remember the last time a dream woke me - other than the ghost one I had when I was pregnant, but anyway...) In the early part of the dream there was a man, a shape-changing fox-demon who was killed. Didn't seem to have any relevance to the rest of the dream until later I found out he was the father of a young woman who'd just run away with her beau. How did I know this? The pair were on the river, making their escape; she was breathless and excited, the oar dipped into the water and (dun dun DUN) pulled up the corpse of a large fox! Eeeuuwww! I woke up at that point because the critter's eyes were open, and alive! And the thought running through my head at that point was that the girl's actions didn't have daddy's approval.
Exciting, eh?
I have very interesting dreams sometimes. Remind me to mention the one where the billionaire Asian man asked me to marry him...

No comments: