Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tch, it's bogging moth season again. Bloody things are everywhere, so many of them in fact that even KittenKong's lost interest in the chase.
(Though after a little googling... wondering now if the things invading my kitchen are actually Bogong moths. I'm pretty sure they are, even though this might technically be a bit too far South for them. It's not unlikely, I suppose, given the Autumn winds, that each year some get blown off-course and end up further South instead of continuing on to Queensland. Eh, at least the magpies are happy, they love the moths - in a purely culinary way...)

There was a retrospective documentary on Sunday night about Geldof's 80's Bandaid. It was quite fun to watch, seeing how well - or not - some of the 80's UK pop idols had aged. It was fun, also, watching footage from the event and giggling at the <cough> 'fashion'. I think it was Geldof who described Bono as 'Captain Mullet' <snigger>. What was also interesting was that almost all of those interviewed for the program said they hadn't realised just how big this thing was going to be and if they had they'd have made 'more of an effort' to look good on the day. <g>
But now I can't get the damn song out of my head...

Hm, I really should do something about my glasses. Last week one of the arms fell off and I couldn't find the missing screw so I slipped a sewing pin in to hold everything in place. There's a wad of sticky tape at the end of the pin to stop me poking myself in the eye...
Well, I should probly get new glasses anyway, or at least new lenses - these ones are scratched enough now (right on the focal point, too) that the marks register in my vision.

Oooh, I found the cutest thing in an op-shop yesterday. At first glance it looked like a small, round (15cm diameter), 3 tiered bento box decorated with a classic red/black/gold sakura pattern. Turns out it was plastic rather than lacquer and had originally been a chocolate gift-box. : ) I'm guessing it's from the 70's cos that's about the time the 'Japanese style' came into vogue in the West.
I also picked up a copy of John Berendt's book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.' I knew it had been made into a movie but other than that didn't have much of a clue what it was about. It's faction, reality written as a novel (factfic?). <g> I love google...

And from the same site as the bogong moth - just cos I like cuddlefish...

(Tch, the link still comes up as the one for the bogong moth. Oh well, go to the bottom of that page and click on 'cuttlefish'. Or you could go here and read about human/cuttlefish interaction... : )

No comments: