Saturday, May 28, 2005

Okay, so I apparently have a thing for armour. I can pinpoint specifically where that started, too - Excalibur. Explains a lot. Sheesh, no wonder I was drawn to the SCA, and it's not so inexplicable now why the Rohirrim were so attractive. Tch. I might have a closer look at Escaflowne too, the few bits I've seen of that piqued my, um, interest...

Oh.my.gods. It's out there, I found it. Transformer smut. Nooooo! My eyes! It burns...!
Eeuuuww, and it's mostly het too.

I went to see Kingdom of Heaven yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the cubs' father picking them up from school. It worked well, I'll be doing that again I think, catching an afternoon session of something. : )
The fun thing about going to see M rated movies is the different previews you get. G and PG movies won't show previews of anything else. Mind you, looks like there's some crap destined for our screens. One had me rolling my eyes - Stealth. The premise is a 3 man (person) team of fighter pilots get a fourth member who turns out to be (dun dun dun) a computer. In a completely original plot twist, the 'puter pilot is hit by lighting and becomes sentient. Oh for gods' sake... "Number 4 is alive!"
<groan> It's a pretty safe bet I won't be watching that.

And getting back to KoH - you didn't really expect me not to, did you? - there wasn't enough gratuitous nudity, in my opinion. Only one torso shot of Orli-squee! Tch, come on, let's have some fan-service! <smirk>

Hey wow, my hair is long enough again to need tying back. I need a haircut... Soulsis, can I prevail on you?

Awww, found the poem the S cub wrote for me for mother's day.
Trees are nice,
Hedgehogs are cool,
And Radics are super cool, but
Nothing is as cool as you.
Kacheeks are cute,

Yummy food,
Orange jelly is tasty too, but
U are cool

Mum,
U are cool.
Mum, you are ... cool
(Transcribed precisely, by the way.)
Isn't that sweet, and vaguely incomprehensible? : ) Just like real poetry...

No comments: