Saturday, February 11, 2006

And so it came to pass that the CrossDressing!Ron plot-bunny thundered down upon me like an enraged rhinoceros. I beheld it in all its spangled glory and saw that it was good...
... and I think I can make it plausible, too. Hee. : )

In my parents' house it was always 'Don't read at the table'. Here, it's 'Don't get food on the books'. <g>

I forgot to mention that a good proportion of the National Gallery's corridor floors are made out of glass. Tempered glass, I don't doubt, but it still made me nervous. Glass isn't for walking on. I stuck close to the edges and hung on to the rails so that if any of the panels cracked under my weight I wouldn't plunge to my death...
And of course Penny was wearing a skirt so the glass floors made her uncomfortable for a whole 'nother reason. True, the panels were mostly frosted but there were regularly spaced thumbnail size patches of clear glass as well. We could plainly see the tile pattern on the floor below, so chances were someone looking up would get an eyeful. Hn. Not the best design choice for flooring, I'd say...

<g> I recently got myself a set of poi and I've been playing about with them a little. It's harder work than I would've thought, I worked up a sweat today even though I only spent a few minutes practicing. And it's trickier than it looks, trying to keep the things twirling parallel. But fun! I need to get hold of some decent tutorials so I can learn to do some tricks without braining myself. Those tennis balls hurt when you whack yourself at speed. : )

No comments: