Friday, February 24, 2006

Hot, tired and grumpy. Time for an update.
It was 37.C today, 35 yesterday. Though I can't complain, I spose, we've had a run of really soft Summer days recently; temperatures between 21 and 26. Quite acceptable. Should start winding down to Autumn now, though there's likely to be at least one more hot spell before then.

Grrr... Our caring sharing government - who fancies itself a benevolent dictatorship Pater Familias who only wants to gently guide its errant children in the right direction cos we've got such silly notions about Democracy and Free Thinking - is making noises about changes to the Office of Film and Literature Classification. The Censor, in other words.
The Government apparently wants to dismantle the independent body and make Censorship its own responsibility. It's been speculated that this is because of pressure from some right-wing 'family' groups wanting less rude things appearing in our cinemas.
I know I'd not welcome input from our 'Leaders' about what I can and can't watch. Especially when our 'Leaders' are being openly influenced by minority groups not known for their tolerance or open-mindedness. >:( Bloody cheek.

Just read an interesting wee book by Emma Thompson: her diary of the 65 days of filming for Sense & Sensibility. She didn't go into any great depth but it was amusing, if not as 'wickedly honest' as the blurb promised. There were a few giggles though, a couple of smirks, but no scandalous revelations about her co-stars (except for a mention of Hugh Grant's little problem in LA.)
But now I want to see the movie again, and reacquaint myself with Colonel Brandon. Hee.

Housemate had 'Gundam-something-or-other' on the telly last night. I don't pay it much attention, except to notice the occasional, soulful bish, however, last night's episode cracked me up.
To set the scene: one of the bad buys has been caught and he angsts on about how he killed one of the good guys cos <hand to forehead> 'he killed my brother'. Annoying (good-guy) female exclaims in disbelief:
'You knew Kira!!!!??' (Implied OMG!!! dramatics. <sigh> and I couldn't be arsed checking the character's name, anyway...) At which point I rewrote the script in my head.
Her: You knew Kira?!
Him: Only Biblically.
Her: ... what?
Him: <sigh> Nevermind...
<g>

I've joined Yaoi Daily. Oh dear, this place is a time sink if ever I've seen one. <evil smirk>
I tried to d/l some manga but Carli (my 'puter gremlin) chucked a mental and froze FireFox. Overwhelmed by smut, she was, poor thing. She's obviously a visual creature cos written smut poses no problem at all... : )

No comments: