Friday, February 10, 2006

I saw a fridge magnet that said:
"I am the pink flamingo on the great lawn of life..."
<g> I quite like that...

Well. For someone who wasn't going to be writing any HP fanfic I've not done too badly these past few weeks. Aside from that first, original, Snupin I wrote for the Master and The Wolf challenge thingy at the end of last year there's now 3 more ficlets ready to go up at The Zone when the new site's running. Hee. : ) Another Snupin and two parts of a three-part Snucius. Naturally, there's a third part of that to follow - and another longish Snupin planned, and a shortish one. (And possibly another ficlet that doesn't star anybody in particular but is the follow-on thought from something I saw on a HP community.) Then we'll see what happens, see if I'll have managed to burn out the (mild) obsession.
But then, someone made a comment on their lj that there wasn't enough CrossDressing!Ron stories. I quite agree, and I await the plot bunny with interest.

I've just finished reading Half Blood Prince for only the second time since it was released. Of course, I'm more favorably disposed towards the fandom now but even so it's better the second time 'round - not quite so many "Oh...what?!" moments. <g> The plot seems to hang together a little better now, and there's some very interesting snippets I've garnered about some of the characters. Stuff I missed the first time I galloped through the book. Yerrsss... interesting indeed.

I think I've got the beginnings of a sequel to SFSG. Oddly enough it came to me in a dream. : ) There's not a lot to go on at the moment but there were a few ideas that [ping]ed during the development for SFSG that weren't used. They'd fit quite nicely into the sequel though. Something to make notes on and ponder for a bit.
Heh, and the next novel I'd planned is stirring in the primordial sludge of my imagination. From a very basic outline it's expanding into something, hopefully, kinda interesting.
And I'll get to dip again into the huge list of typos I've been collecting. Some of those pseudo words make the best alien names...

Penny and I traipsed into the city yesterday to have a browse around the National Gallery. (No link; too tired to look it up.) That place is huge! I think we only got to see half but that's fine, by the end of the day I was culcha'd out, and it means we can happily go back another time to have a look at the rest. I'm taking a sketchpad next time - there's a wonderful Flemish altar screen from the 16th century and it's loaded with costume details!

Oh yes, really tired now. I'm yawning hard enough to put my jaw out. Again.

No comments: