Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I made some peach chutney! Even 'raw' (ie: freshly made) it tastes very yum. Sort of peachy, and vinegary and caramelly gingery. Mmmm... Going to be even better in a month or two. : ) I think I shall have roast pork to celebrate the opening of the first jar.

Well, Nanny McPhee was better than I expected - after I schooled myself to ignore the Victoriana. Terribly predictable, awfully maudlin in places but engaging none the less. The leads, including the children, were quite capable but it was the performances of the support cast that I enjoyed the most. Definitely more laughs there than from the slapstick. There was one character who was deeply horrible and I could only stare in appalled fascination at her pink cottage with its pink and floral and PINK interior. <g>
The cubs had fun but have no desire to see it again; there was no steam train, you see...
BUT, in the previews:
Oh, dear gods above. They've remade Lassie.
<head->desk> Why?!

Nicked from all over the place (and because I'm procrastinating writing what is ultimately a very important chapter):

Your Inner Child Is Surprised

You see many things through the eyes of a child.
Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.
You cherish all of the details in life.
Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencing new things.


Yep, absolutely. : )

Your Hair Should Be Purple

Intense, thoughtful, and unconventional.
You're always philosophizing and inspiring others with your insights.


And I'd agree with this, too.

You Are Rain

You can be warm and sexy. Or cold and unwelcoming.
Either way, you slowly bring out the beauty around you.
You are best known for: your touch
Your dominant state: changing


Speaking of rain, it's been raining gently off and on all day. The cubs and I dawdled on the way home so we could play leaf-racing in the run-off in the gutters. That was so much fun! We were absolutely soaked by the time we got inside.

And lastly...

You Should Get A Butterfly Tattoo

Girly and funky
For you, tattoos are a thing of beauty - not toughness


Nah, not a butterfly. I like the idea of an SPQR, or a barcode. But a barcode of what? My favourite book perhaps? Favourite CD/DVD? Favourite biscuit? Alcohol? A particularly bizarre sex-toy?
I couldn't just make up a barcode, no, it'd have to mean something...

No comments: