Monday, January 30, 2006

Heh, well, the first part of the epilogue is now chapter 36 and I'll continue on with the actual epilogue next. Tch, shouldn't be surprised though, should I? Not given how this thing has mushroomed as I've been writing. <g>
Fifteen chapters and 50k words. Hah!

Cubs and I dragged ourselves into school this morning so I could sort out their booklist. We've left the bulk of the stuff at school but brought home the pens and pencils etc; so I could label them. Wot fun. But, it's done now, plus I've got some ham for sandwiches tomorrow. All I have to do now is dig out their lunchboxes and sort out their uniforms. Cor, I'm approaching organised (from a distance, cautiously...)
What was disturbing though was going into the school grounds and immediately being beset by a dragging sense of ennui. Cripes, the school year hasn't even properly started yet and I'm bored with it.

The cubs asked if they could have fish'n'chips for dinner tonight, and I said certainly, but we wouldn't be able to go and see a movie after school tomorrow. They deliberated for a while and decided they'd like to see the movie instead. So, all being well we'll be trotting off to see Nanny McPHee. (Narnia was the preference but the only session we could get to was at 6 p.m. Far too late for a weeknight.)

Fanfic snickers from two different sources:

"Bullocks!" Ron swore..."

Moo! and...

"[She had]... eyes like honey..."

Is that crystalised honey, or the runny stuff? Either way it's going to drip down her face and make a horrible mess. <snerk>

No comments: